In June, a £1 billion fund for education was announced by the government. The catch-up premium is funded on a per pupil basis at £80 per pupil. This will be based on the previous year’s census and will not include Nursery numbers.
Catch Up at Monkspath School is
(For all children)
- Working through well sequenced, purposeful learning schemes.
- Focus on consolidation of basic skills.
- Particular focus on early reading and phonics.
- Assessment of learning and of basic skills to identify major gaps for both individuals and cohorts of pupils.
- Time spent on mental health, wellbeing and social skills development.
(For some children)
- Additional support and focus on basic core skills. Supported by additional staffing utilising catch up premium – dependent on need as identified through ongoing assessment.
- Additional time to practice basic skills. This again will be dependent on need of children in order to re-establish good progress in the essentials (phonics and reading, increasing vocabulary, writing and mathematics) and there will be flexibility on timetables to allow this.